Find inspiring story ideas and resources to help you learn about Moldova and share this little known travel destination!
Thank you for your interest in Moldova, a small country with a big heart. Moldova’s location in Eastern Europe, at the crossroads between Romania and Ukraine at the intersection of the Danube River and the Black Sea, speaks to the country’s long and rich history and culture. Layers of civilizations and ethnic groups have gathered at this crossroads for millennia, each contributing to the living history, authentic culture and diversity you still find today in Moldova.
Moldova offers an authentic travel experience that combines incredible wine, ancient culture, magnificent traditional cuisine, untouched nature, rural villages filled with tradition, and a genuine hospitality that makes Moldovans some of the most welcoming people on the continent. Moldova will surprise you with its richness of experiences, spirit, beauty, and big heart.
We look forward to sharing this local hospitality and experience with you.
If we can help in any way with your questions or requests for quotes, images or other information, please get in touch at: email@example.com
Moldova Press Kit
Our press kit is a great introduction to learning about Moldova, including:
- Story ideas and what’s new in Moldova’s tourism sector
- Main tourism attractions and quintessential travel experiences
- Overview of history, culture and cuisine
- Moldova’s 7,000-year old story of wine + modern transformation
Story Ideas and Latest Developments
- Wine Tourism: More than 150 km of wine routes highlighting 40 wineries around the country. Recent investments in wine tourism resulting in tasting rooms and wine tours (40 wineries), accommodation (10 wineries) and restaurants (20 wineries), meaning that travelers can have a full winery experience.
- Adventure Travel: 150km of newly marked cycling routes in southern Moldova and 48km of new hiking trails in central Moldova with more routes planned soon!
- Network of rural guest houses: investments in family-run guest houses mean quality accommodation with home-cooked traditional meals and a connection to nature and rural communities.
- Dynamic capital city of Chișinău: Newly opened hip wine bars and restaurants focusing on local producers and fresh ingredients with a modern twist.
- “A Small Country with a Big Heart” Documentary: Filmed in spring 2022 as Ukrainian families fled their houses and crossed the border into Moldova in search of safety, this Moldovan documentary tells this incredible story through the hosts of the rural guest houses in Moldova who provided safe refuge and a welcoming smile to their Ukrainian neighbors in need.
Moldova in the Media
Read some of the latest articles, blogs and videos that have been published about Moldova in international media.
- Moldova: The Next Big Destination for Wine and Food in Eastern Europe (Wizz Air, August 2022)
- Traveling to the “Worst” Country in Europe (Yes Theory video, August 2022, 3.3+ million views)
- ‘It’s a Human Thing to Help’: Moldova Wineries Provide Ukrainian Aid (Wine Enthusiast, June 2022)
- Why You Should Try Moldova Instead of France for a Wine Holiday (The Telegraph, October 2021)
- Bowled over by Moldova: Exploring the former Soviet state’s capital, which is a mix of trendy bars and Stalinist architecture (Daily Mail, February 2020)
- Moldova’s hidden Wine Routes won’t be secret much longer (Lonely Planet, January 2020)
- Sorpresa Moldova. Una giovane repubblica che cresce con l’enoturismo (Gambero Rosso, October 2019)
Visual Media Hub
If you need images or other visuals to include in your articles, just get in touch with us to let us know what type of photos you need and we are happy to help. Moldova.Travel has its own YouTube channel where you can find campaign and other related videos:
- “A Small Country with a Big Heart” Documentary trailer (if you’d like access to the full documentary film for a story, please let us know.)
- Be Our Guest Again, in Moldova (Pandemic update of National Campaign)
- Be our Guest in Moldova (National Campaign)
- “Tourist in Moldova” Series (5 videos)
- Virtual Tours of Moldova (360-degree videos)
- Map of the Wine Routes of Moldova
- Wine Guide of Moldova (pdf)
Press Trips to Moldova
- Type of media or platform (print/online publication, blog, video, social media)
- Target audience (geography, language, size of audience, travel style/lifestyle interests)
- Topic focus or expertise of publication / platform (priority will be given to topics related to authentic culture, wine and food, sustainable tourism, discovering new destinations)
- Estimated time of when your content will be published. If you have a commissioned article already, please let us know.